This section serves as a collection of books that can help you discover deeper levels of truth, meaning, and wholeness. I have grouped books into specific topics – such as mental health, meditation, psychedelics, and more – to help guide your reading selection. Many of the book titles are linked to summaries and notes.
Seeing Through Materialism
The Master & His Emissary by Iain McGhilchrist
The Ascent of Humanity by Charles Eisenstein
Why Materialism is Baloney by Bernardo Kastrup
A Guide for the perplexed by E.F. Schumacher
The Flip by Jefferey Krippal
- The Developing Mind by Daniel J. Siegel
- The Body Keeps The Score by Bessel Van Der Kolk
- Lost Connections by Johann Hari
- In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts by Gabor Mate
- How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollan
- The Secret Chief Revealed by Myron J. Stolaroff
- The Psychedelic Explorer’s Guide by James Fadiman
- From Chocolate to Morphine: Everything you need to know about Mind-Altering Drugs by Andrew Weil
- Tryptamine Palace by James Oroc
Meditation & Awakening
- Seeing that Frees by Rob Burbea
- The Mind Illuminated by Culadasa
- Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha by Daniel Ingram
Sex, Ecology, Spirituality by Ken Wilber
The Listening Society by Hanzi Freinacht
In Over Our Heads by Robert Keagan
Developmental Politics by Steve McIntosh
Understanding & Overcoming Polarization
Few skills if any are as important yet as challenging as communication. In "Nonviolent Communication" Marshall B. Rosenberg teaches us how to both...
Just when you thought you were becoming spiritual that rascal Chogyam Trungpa appears to cut through your delusion. Read and reread "Cutting Through...
In No Self No Problem, Chris Niebauer shows us how Neuropsychology is catching up to what the Buddha taught thousands of years ago. Niebauer...
Dream interpretation is a difficult task but if we are to accomplish it there is no better resource to help us than "Inner Work" By Robert A....
Man and his Symbols by Carl Jung is the last piece he wrote before his death, yet it serves as an introduction to his life-work. Jung is best known...
"Alchemy" by Rory Sutherland shows us how by thinking outside the box we can create magic in brands, business, and life. While reason is a powerful...
"Awareness" by Anthony De Mello is an essential read packed with spiritual wisdom. This book grows as you do, allowing you to grasp a deeper...
In "The Righteous Mind" social psychologist Jonathan Haidt explains why humanity is divided on political and religious manners. A lot of this...
In his book "Spent" Geoffrey Miller explains consumerism from an evolutionary standpoint. Miller argues that consumerism has sold us on the lie that...