This section serves as a collection of books that can help you discover deeper levels of truth, meaning, and wholeness. I have grouped books into specific topics – such as mental health, meditation, psychedelics, and more – to help guide your reading selection. Many of the book titles are linked to summaries and notes.
Seeing Through Materialism
The Master & His Emissary by Iain McGhilchrist
The Ascent of Humanity by Charles Eisenstein
Why Materialism is Baloney by Bernardo Kastrup
A Guide for the perplexed by E.F. Schumacher
The Flip by Jefferey Krippal
- The Developing Mind by Daniel J. Siegel
- The Body Keeps The Score by Bessel Van Der Kolk
- Lost Connections by Johann Hari
- In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts by Gabor Mate
- How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollan
- The Secret Chief Revealed by Myron J. Stolaroff
- The Psychedelic Explorer’s Guide by James Fadiman
- From Chocolate to Morphine: Everything you need to know about Mind-Altering Drugs by Andrew Weil
- Tryptamine Palace by James Oroc
Meditation & Awakening
- Seeing that Frees by Rob Burbea
- The Mind Illuminated by Culadasa
- Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha by Daniel Ingram
Sex, Ecology, Spirituality by Ken Wilber
The Listening Society by Hanzi Freinacht
In Over Our Heads by Robert Keagan
Developmental Politics by Steve McIntosh
Understanding & Overcoming Polarization
Awakening is a great paradox. A topic that is both difficult to put into words and difficult not to speak on. We cannot say what awakening is but if...
In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts by Gabor Mate is a riveting exploration of addiction. Mate's vivid description of working with severely addicted...
"The Body Keeps the Score" by Bessel Van Der Kolk is the go-to book for understanding and healing trauma. Highly recommend for anyone in...
Seeing that frees by Rob Burbea is one of the most insightful books for meditators looking to go deeper into their practice. Although Burbea starts...
In "Lost Connections" journalist Johann Hari argues that the widespread depression epidemic is a product of disconnection. He goes on to illuminate...
In "The Upward Spiral” Alex Korb shows us how to use neuroscience to reverse the course of depression. Packed with practical tips this book can...
In "Polarity Management” Barry Johnson introduces a process for managing unresolvable conflicts. A lot of the difficulties we experience in life are...
The Self Illusion By Bruce Hood uses a western and scientific perspective to illuminate what the great spiritual traditions have been teaching for...
"The Master and His Emissary" by Iain McGhilchrist is a fascinating exploration of our brain's two hemispheres and how they impact our understanding...