This section serves as a collection of books that can help you discover deeper levels of truth, meaning, and wholeness. I have grouped books into specific topics – such as mental health, meditation, psychedelics, and more – to help guide your reading selection. Many of the book titles are linked to summaries and notes.
Seeing Through Materialism
The Master & His Emissary by Iain McGhilchrist
The Ascent of Humanity by Charles Eisenstein
Why Materialism is Baloney by Bernardo Kastrup
A Guide for the perplexed by E.F. Schumacher
The Flip by Jefferey Krippal
- The Developing Mind by Daniel J. Siegel
- The Body Keeps The Score by Bessel Van Der Kolk
- Lost Connections by Johann Hari
- In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts by Gabor Mate
- How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollan
- The Secret Chief Revealed by Myron J. Stolaroff
- The Psychedelic Explorer’s Guide by James Fadiman
- From Chocolate to Morphine: Everything you need to know about Mind-Altering Drugs by Andrew Weil
- Tryptamine Palace by James Oroc
Meditation & Awakening
- Seeing that Frees by Rob Burbea
- The Mind Illuminated by Culadasa
- Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha by Daniel Ingram
Sex, Ecology, Spirituality by Ken Wilber
The Listening Society by Hanzi Freinacht
In Over Our Heads by Robert Keagan
Developmental Politics by Steve McIntosh
Understanding & Overcoming Polarization
- The Righteous Mind by Jonathan Haidt
- Why We’re Polarized by Ezra Klein
- Nonviolent Communication by Marshall B. Rosenberg
- Polarity Management by Barry Johnson
Imaginal Love: The Meanings of Imagination in Henry Corbin & James Hillman by Tom Cheetham (Book Summary)
"Imaginal Love" by Tom Cheetham explores the meanings of imagination in the work of Henry Corbin and James Hilman. The book is a masterful synthesis...
Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief by Jordan Peterson (Book Summary)
“Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief” by psychologist and lecturer Jordan Peterson is a riveting exploration of the psychology of myth and...
Emergentism: A Religion of Complexity for the Metamodern World by Brendan Graham Dempsey (Book Summary)
“Emergentism: A Religion of Complexity for the Metamodern World” by Brendan Graham Dempsey presents a riveting vision of what religion can be in the...
The Flip by Jeffrey John Kripal (Book Summary)
In “The Flip” Jeffrey Kripal challenges the dominant materialistic worldview and presents different pathways for understanding consciousness and...
The Developing Mind by Daniel J. Siegel (Book Summary)
“The Developing Mind” by Daniel J. Siegel is a fascinating exploration of how the mind uses the brain and relationships to create itself. In it, Dr....
How Minds Change by David McRaney (Book Summary)
In “How Minds Change” David McRaney explores the surprising science of beliefs, opinion and persuasion. Combining his in-depth knowledge of...
The Ascent of Humanity by Charles Eisenstein (Book Summary)
In “The Ascent of Humanity," the visionary thinker Charles Eisenstein challenges our society’s materialistic ways of thinking. Eisenstein presents...
Nordic Ideology by Hanzi Freinacht (Book Summary)
“Nordic Ideology” by Hanzi Frienacht is the second in a series of groundbreaking books that unpack the metamodern philosophy. Using a...
Education in a Time Between Worlds by Zachary Stein (Book Summary)
“An Education in a Time Between Worlds” by Zachary Stein is a collection of thought-provoking essays on the future of schools, technology, and...